Friday, February 15, 2008

What dreams may come...

The days evaporate into nothing. I can't believe that it has been a week since the shuttle launch. What have I done with the last seven days? They disappeared like morning fog burned off by early warm sun. In fact, the last two or three weeks have disappeared in a puff of white smoke. I realize the insanity of work makes the days rush by like a train hurrying through a tiny hamlet, gone before you can blink. But still I don't understand why the nights and weekends seem to have rushed away too...other than that they are connected to the days that are pulled out from under me like a rug.

Speaking in analogies this morning...

At least it is Friday and a three day weekend. I hope that the weekend is a good one and a quiet one. It would be appreciated so I could try to recover from the bone weariness and the pending cold that won't settle in but won't go away either. I'd like to start the week fresh, particularly since I have the Big Presentation on Thursday next week. I thought I was feeling pretty good about it. Then everyone begins questioning me and reminding me it's "Level II". I haven't presented at that high a level before. Presentations make me nervous anyway. I don't need the pressure of being reminded to whom I am presenting. Concern is natural, worry accomplishes nothing but to compound itself. I just wish it behind me. Perhaps the agenda will present the hazard reports in numerical order and Art will present first. The first presenter always gets the hardest time as the panel settles in to the manner of proceeding, deciding the level of presentation and questions and so forth. However, I also know what has been said about Art when Art is not around. And it may be that since my report is more mature and I am more familiar with my report, I may be chosen as the sacrifice so that we start on a good foot and Art will have a softer time. If that is the case, at least I get to go early and get it over with instead of sweating out the wait.

Music...Gayane Ballet Suite...aaaahhh.

Mood? Um...tired.

Plans? Nothing big. Low profile. Perhaps a nice relaxing art project.

Color? NASA blue

Drawing...Max Q (The time of maxium aerodynamic pressure on the shuttle. The colors are indicative of the pressure, most intense on the shuttle.)

No comments: