Friday, February 8, 2008

We have liftoff


(not blastoff)

And what a beautiful liftoff it was. The weather forecast was not a good one, 70% chance of violating launch weather constraints. The clouds moving in from the west looked angry. But they weren't moving as fast as first projected and held off long enough for a launch attempt to be made. And the attempt was a good one. Very nice launch. The ECO sensor repair worked, obviously, and my buddies on that side of the house said that after tanking and observing the system response, they have a more complete understanding of the problem. Good. A pretty clean launch too. I wonder if the addition of the Columbus lab will make the space station larger to the naked eye. The ISS is already as big and bright as Venus in the night sky. Can't wait to see it post-Saturday construction EVA.


Today is Drop Day for my hazard report...into the database that is for CSERP review. So I won't be making daily changes to it like I have been for the last two weeks. Just daily changes to my up front presenation charts...but there are only a couple of them. It's been interesting to say the least. I can't wait for the 22 Feb presentation to be behind me. But it stil won't be over after that because this is just the Preliminary Design Review. We have two more phases to get through. However, this will lay the foundation and the other phases will just add information to the hazard report, so perhaps it won't be so bad after all. I hope.


Jashar is all fixed up and is returning to duty. Another crisis resolved (in three parts) in only 302 pages. What to do now? Don't want to think about it. I'm too tired. I just want to go home and have a quiet weekend.

No comments: