Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hmm...


I think I've written myself into a corner.


The story I'm working on. I set it up for the protagonist to have a big problem to work on and it was not a problem with a quick fix. This is part III of the series and I suddenly realized last night that this situation he's in is drawing out long. Um...part IV? That's not what I planned on. Now, I do have an idea for a quick fix. However, that would mean a major rewrite of the last 50 pages to make it fit into the story. Or keep letting him wade through this, which is not a problem for me. I'm wondering how much of this the readers might want to endure. I know what the end is going to be, but I can't see the end of the tunnel yet. So...quick fix with major rewrite, or keep going and maybe boring the readers to heck. This is the time when one needs the faithful companion to chew this over with. These are the kind of situations that burned me out on writing before. Perhaps another solution will present itself...

No comments: