Monday, February 11, 2008

Freak Magnet

I maintain that I am not a freak magnet, even though I manage to attract them from near and far. Does anyone know how to de-magnetize a freak magnet?

1. I "dropped" my hazard report into the database on Friday, which means I can't change it because now it is in for review. However, I knew when I did that there was a problem with entering it into the database. I had mentioned it and no one had reacted so I just pasted what it would accept and the rest of that field was truncated. That's what it took to get attention. Today there are several emails burning up the lines not addressed to me but cc'ed to me telling me what I did was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!! SLAP SLAP SLAP! But I did what I was told to do by the leader of the hazard report team. And at this point I can not change it. End of that story, except for the backdoor beatings that are still sizzling my inbox.

2. Email from a "friend". Let's call him Bevis (see below). Bevis sends me an email about one of the current candidates. Because I don't want to go "there", I'll neglect whom or the subject. However, on top of all the other items that make my days so pleasant, I have made it abundantly clear to those closest to me that I'd rather skip talking politics. I don't need the aggravation, besides which if I cast my vote and act like a responsible citizen on being informed, etc. there is not a whole lot I can do to change the outcome of the election. So why debate and get upset and argue and spit and spat and carry on like the talking heads? I know others enjoy that for various reasons, but I don't. I'd rather expend my energy elsewhere, thank you very much. So each time I see Bevis he asks me if I've heard the lastest news! So I returned his email to him with the note of please exclude me from your bashing list. I'm really not interested. So I get a response from him telling me I totally misunderstood...blah, blah, blah...

3. Bevis' friend, let's call him Butthead, sent me an email with a link to a video clip. That's where that should have stopped. I have to quit going to look at all the junk that B&B send me. It would save a lot of time and aggravation. But, no, I had to go look at this very, very stupid and dangerous stunt this fellow was doing...one of the most dangerous I've seen. Butthead said this guy needed a wife to nag him incessantly about doing stuff like that. Well, that just makes sense... OF COURSE a nagging wife will stop that sort of thing! So I told Butthead that it wasn't the wife's responsibility to make up for this guy's lack of brains. "You missed the point. A woman that really loves him would help stop him from doing this sort of thing." Again, of course a nagging wife would stop this! I should have stopped. (I could kick the teacher who got me involved in the debate team!) "It's hard to love someone who cares so little for himself." Well, then I got a long email with a discussion of the difference between accepted risk and lack of care for oneself... I finally did stop myself from responding to that one. No point in further communicating with someone who is missing the point and going off on tangents...

Let's see...6 hours and all that aggravation. Two more hours to go. And that's only the biggest "nagging" problems. That doesn't count all the usual morons and fools and nags who come by everyday to fuss and complain and rip you to shreds. With the whole weekend full of stress I had and the last couple of weeks at work, I think I can officially file for a section 9.

No comments: