Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday

I should be glad it's Friday and I am. It has been a long and hard week, even with the excitement I've had this week. More excitement yesterday as my team at work got a Group Achievement Award for the Ares SDR safety work (and money along with the certificate). Mainly it's satisfying to have your hard work recognized and appreciated. And after my previous boss nearly lost me my job (because he stuck me in a job that, in reality, could not be done and then wrote me up for not doing it), it's very gratifying to work for people who are more reasonable and actually do care about their people. When all that men could do failed, God opened the door to this assignment...and I never even turned to Him when I was at the lowest point. He has mercy even when I forget Him, and that is what keeps me bound (more closely now) to Him.

I'm very tired and I just want to go home and die. One more day of the good and hard work and then I can. But I don't know if I really will rest and relax. That is a long story that I'm not comfortable sharing the whole of in a public forum. But my better half is going out of town this weekend and therein lies my problem. Yes, I realize that makes no sense and I decline to explain it at this point. I just am going to wish my weekend away, waiting for the return Sunday night. And I will leave it at that. Pray for me to make it through the weekend...vague as my explanation has been.

2 comments:

Rainee said...

awwwwww...... I hope the weekend's going ok! You can call me if you want. I don't have a cell anymore but my home phone is still the same. If I had a car I'd come hang out!! But that's another story too...... :p

Anyway... You'll be in my thoughts and prayers :) I'm glad things took a turn for the better at work. That's always a GOOD thing! I know it was really stressful before. So congrats on the achievement award!!!! That's awesome. Sometimes I really think I need to "re-think" my future.... as far as jobs go. But for now I guess I'll stay where I am. I do feel as tho life in general has taken an upward turn tho. :)

Call me if you get lonely!!

Bbear said...

Thanks, Rainee. Turns out the weekend didn't happen the way I though. The trip was postponed a week because of "stuff". So maybe I'll call you next weekend.

You're in my thoughts and prayers too. I'm glad that life has taken an upward turn. It's hard being in the basement so long. :p