Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ah

Dear Blog,
Did you miss me? I missed you very much. It was a long weekend, nice and quiet for the most part. I have been released from post-op care and may now go back to my old bad habits. She was most impressed with my recovery all along, and yesterday noted, "She didn't even scar!" So my attempts to gain a new nickname failed miserably.

However, it feels like Monday even though it's Tuesday but it's the second day of the week even if it is the first working day this week.

I'm deep into the story I began Saturday a week ago and I'm very much enjoying writing again. It's ironic how much I could detest writing, so very much dread it, and mere days later I am in love with it once more. The bad news on that is that it threatens to become an obsession again. The old feelings of urgency (must write two hours a day!) are back and I had to insist to myself last night that I stop writing because I was not having fun and the conversation I was writing was stilted. And yet I wanted to keep going because I hadn't written enough for the day. That is what burned me out so badly before. So now I must learn new writing habits and new attitudes, lest I find myself back in the pit of writing hate. But I am enjoying it so much, particularly the characters I am currently working with. I have many ideas for them and wonder how I'll pull myself away to revisit other characters.

And so no art work was accomplished over the weekend, dear blog, and no reading. Other casualties of my new obsession. This is going to take work and reflection. So what if I don't write today? I didn't write for three years and the world continued to turn. I do have some art projects that I want to accomplish too, and some books I long to read. How may I increase the number of hours in a day? Alas for the days of sponsors... Why is it that I am unable to locate a benefactor who will pay me to stay home and play, er, that is write and draw?

And so, dear blog, it was quite cold yesterday with a low of 19 in the morning. I had to go out in the chill to make two appointments. I didn't warm up until late afternoon, wearing my jacket all afternoon inside the house. It is 36 right now and I'm still very cold. It only gets harder to bear the cold the older I get.

What about that NFC championship game, blog?? Wasn't that incredibly good? The titans (not Tennessee, figuartive titans) clashed and the underdog came out victorious. It was a nail biter game for both sides and I'm happy to see the team I was pulling for win. I believe that Eli has come out of his brother's shadow now. And Tynes redeemed himself. I'm certain he was exceedingly glad to get another chance.

Now, dear blog, I will close with a photo to share with you. It's a wonderful view of the wonderful actor, Terence Stamp, and I was struck by the photo. That is why I close with it.

2 comments:

Rainee said...

I love the pic!

And the excitement about writing again. I wonder if that would happen to me too? Maybe I should just start writing and see what happens. Maybe I could get over the burnout block too.......

Bbear said...

You have too much ability and too much imagination not to use it. Even if you write short things, you should write. Do "writing exercies" as I call them...and see what happens.

I love the pic too. Whew... Quite a man.