Monday, March 3, 2008

102 and rising

Such a lovely weekend. After the other fun I've had, the doc told me on Friday that I had bronchitis. I only had a temp of 98.2 then when his nurse checked it. But the bottom fell out fast and by Saturday I was way far out of it...with a temp of 102+. But thankfully and with lots of prayers for relief and these newfangled wonder drugs, I am on my feet and at work on Monday morning, not feeling very bad at all. It figures...mess up my weekend instead of my work week.

However, rather than dwell further on what is past and rotten, this morning brought a brisk, breezy morning. The sky was clear and I found Jupiter right away. He was bright and jovial, smiling down on me as I drove to work, a good companion. It was not until I got onto the arsenal, however, that I was far south enough to have the "mountain" out of the way and I got the most wonderful surprise. There was the very old moon (4 days away from new), low in the sky, not far above the horizon. He was bright orange and very slim, almost unnoticable. If I hadn't looked up once more to peek at Jupiter, I never would have seen it. Jupiter was not far above the moon. A handsome pair, and quite the treat to see them together like that. It was enough to motivate me to pull over after I'd made the turn to my building and just watch for a long moment. Most wonderful and lovely. That's when I spotted the security guard who was just watching and apparently had already been parked. Time to move on before he began wondering who was sitting half way out in the road at 5 am. But that moment was a great one. For me (yes, geeky me) it was a wonderful way to start the day and the week. The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament showeth His handiwork. Psalm 19:1

Just had to come back and edit to note that I just looked up from the computer and out the window near my cave. I can see the moon high in the sky now from my desk. Cool that I saw it just rising and now can see it from my desk. Cool to me anyway.

No comments: