Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Poem

I looked across the green field and saw him,
Tall, lean with brown hair fluttering in the wind.
He stood silent, pensive, deep in his thought.
So strong his presence, no one dared intrude.

I longed for more knowledge, so on a whim,
I crossed as if I did not comprehend
His presence here meant solace he had sought.
I tried to seem as if caught in a brood.

Stealing a glance, his chiseled face was grim,
Fixed in a gaze that nothing could transcend.
Not in this world, but beyond, he was caught.
What thoughts behind the mask were locked in feud?

Eyes so blue that caught the light yet were dim
Seemed to see the wind and refused to bend
To its control. The man stood still yet fought
An unknown battle that did not conclude.

To learn more on a casual talk seemed slim.
So I decided this effort to end.
His small attempt at some peace seemed hard bought.
This world and its intrusions he eschewed.

I walked away slowly but could not free
My mind of the man who mystified me.

No comments: