Friday, October 3, 2008

Irony can be pretty ironic

I have to return to the subject of yesterday's rant. After I expressed some frustration with my work situation, I attended the morning staff meeting. The branch chief had an award to present. Used to rarely receiving such, because I am not of the chosen, I barely took interest. That's when he announced that the award was...for me. Color me surprised...whatever color that is.

And this does have a more direct relation to yesterday's rant. One of my frustrations is that I am getting contradictory direction from my branch chief, who is my supervisor, and the task lead, who thinks he is my supervisor. One of those contrary instructions was covering the system safety task on the vibration test for Ares I. Branch chief assigned it to me and told me to continue to follow up. Task lead, who can be a major pain, tells me not to do it. And it was for this task that I received the award...for "outstanding support" of the task. Not a group thing either. This was one I truly earned myself. With a lot of help and guidance through prayer. Of course these things are decided by the branch chief, and he'd already complimented me on my performance. This leaves CT, the task lead, with frustrated anger that he's been overruled and that good, the task, and reward came of it.

I'm happy and pleased with the award. I relish a bit of recognition, I confess it. So I'm trying to keep my focus there. However, it also leaves me very confused and frustrated to be in the middle of a still unresolved conflict with those who toy with me as if a doll...

No comments: