Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Imagine that


Let me introduce you. This is Michael Griffin, current NASA administrator. I did the drawing, intrigued by the intense concentration in a photo of Dr. Griffin watching a launch. I hung up a copy at work and that was basically it. Until yesterday when a close friend, Steve, urged me to email it to Dr. Griffin. Well...I didn't know about that. It seemed bold and probably a breech of some special protocol on who could contact the administrator. Steve strongly urged me...and I decided to give it a go. I wondered what awaited me...being ignored, chastised... But I got a very nice note from the administrator and a request for a print...signed by me. Well, imagine that. We actually exchanged a couple of emails and he's quite pleasant, and amusing. I'm sure it is of little or no interest to anyone but myself, but I'm quite pleased...

No comments: