Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hello darkness, my old friend...

Dim, wet and cool. Darkness inky black, even as the sun rises. It breaks on a damp fall morning, which matches my mood. How could something that was a life dream go so wrong? But then that's life, eh? Reality, as they say, bites. And so where does one find encouragement or hope then? No optimism, no reason to think things will improve. Oh, a friend of mine always tells me that things will get better. The roller coaster I've been on continues to drop day by day into the black abyss, and for how long now has there been no sign of pulling out? Not even a leveling, much less an improvement. No, things do not always, by default or fiat, get better. Who said it had to? Where is that guarantee?? How do I make a claim against it since it's not holding up? And too, who cares? Oh, I know the pat answer to that too. The truth is that everyone else is too busy with their own concerns and difficulties that true caring is more rare than the rarest element.

No comments: